Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My Eventual To Do

I have been feeling so creatively inspired lately. I want to do so many things, things, that unfortunately, require money that I don't have. So I will just pace myself and do one small thing at a time over the next several years. Here is a list of some ideas:

-Sew curtains for my living room and Will's room
-Paint front rooms and bedroom
-Create a piece of canvas artwork for above my bed
-Decorate living room with a few armchairs and new side tables
-When incredibly persistent and old fish finally die, use DVD bookcase they're on to store food storage in the kitchen and sew a cute slipcover for it.
-Get extra storage unit for spare bathroom and put new linen baskets in it to hold Will's bath toys, towels, washcloths, etc.
-Finish putting up all the painted toys and other things up in baby's room!
-Get new bookcase for bedroom
-Learn how to sew new skirts and shirts and etc.
-Possibly paint baby's room
-Sew duvet cover for sheddy down comforter
-Get new sheets for master bed
-Start learning how to can fruit and make jam (requires canner)
-Start grinding my own wheat (requires grinder)
-Finish Will's 1st Year scrapbook and start scrapbooking other pictures
-Put old pictures in photo album so they stop sitting in the Christmas gift bag where they've been for about 7 years

Okay, so maybe those don't sound super creative, but there it is, my list of "eventual to-do." And I have to say, that I could probably do all of that for under $1000. Anyone with tips or advice, please feel free to offer!

4 comments:

mandy said...

You make me tired just reading that list! I've found that the more kids I have, the more things on my list, but the less I actually get done. Good for you!

phil said...

Canning fruit and jam is actually quite easy. Ann taught me how this summer, and you don't really have to have a canner. Once you make the stuff, you can just stick it on a rack in a pot and boil until the seal sticks. I just made applesauce today and it was super easy.

phil said...

That last comment was from Jen, not Phil, obviously.

Lorana said...

After attempting to chronicle all the important stuff in my babies' lives, I would advise that the first-year scrapbook be a high priority while the memories are fresh. It's tricky to find the time during the first year, but it's great to have the record later. Keep a calendar or notebook someplace to quickly record dates as milestones occur.

Maybe you don't need a canner anymore, but if you do, Sara has one.